- 2 pounds of UNCOOKED shrimp
- 8 medium zucchini – spiraled (use a spiralizing tool which can be easily found on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 package of rainbow cherry tomatoes – halved or quartered for larger tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil
- 1/2 a lemon
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel shrimp (if it needs it).
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Lay shrimp on the sheet so they don’t overlap.
- Season with 2-3 tbsp of avocado oil, lemon juice from your lemon, and chopped basil
- Bake for 15 minutes.
While the shrimp is baking…..
- Heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil in a large pan.
- Saute chopped onion on med-high heat until lightly transparent (about 2 minutes).
- Add garlic and tomatoes. Saute and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir occasionally until cooked to your favorite consistency, al dente to soft. (I prefer them soft but Dr. C prefers them al dente).
- Optional: add salt and pepper to taste.
** Serve your carbs separately so you can have this for lunch or dinner if you are following Dr. Christianson’s Adrenal Reset Diet Guidelines.
** Add ½ cup of carbs for a lunch serving
** Add ¾ cup of carbs for a dinner serving